If you love the sea and what to discover some place new, check this out! We have select 5 best islands in the Andaman Coastline of Thailand for you to make your plan your trip to Thailand easier.
There are many beautiful beaches and islands dotting along the coast of Andaman Sea in South-West part of Thailand. This area is said to be one of the most attractive seashore of the country - home to some of the best resort towns in the world like Phuket, Khao Lak
, and Krabi
, as well as hundreds of marvelous islands, which allure travelers from around the world to discover its charms.
Mo Koh Similan
Mo Koh Similan
is a group of 9 islands some 50 kms off the shore of Khao Lak, Phang Nga. It is a part of national Marine Park, which located furthest off the shore in Thailand. From Phang Nga's Thap Lamu Pier
, you can choose from full day or overnight trip to visit some of the most beautiful islands of Similan
or even go further north to Koh Ta Chai
. From the pier speedboat will take around 1.20 hour to reach the island. The travel is rather long, but you can enjoy clear blue sky, boundary less sea, and cool breeze while you are onboard.
is one of the pristine groups of islands in the area. Each island located not so far from each other. You can only visit Koh 4 - 8 as Koh 1-3 is marine reserved park and place for turtle to lay their eggs. In Koh Miang
(4th Island) you will see a curve bay which is very beautiful and has great atmosphere - you will stay here if you choose an overnight trip. The highlight of Similan Islands is the 8th
Island or Koh Similan
which is home to the iconic Sail Shape
Rock atop the cliff. Walk through rocky path to the rock and you can enjoy 360-degree view of lush islands, sapphire blue water and blue sky (make sure to bring along your shoe as there are some tree roots and rock along the path, and the rock on at the viewpoint is quite hot under the sun).
is a small island far north of Similan Islands. This island offer unparallel white beach, which is so soft and clean, one of the most beautiful beach of Thailand. At the island you can choose to stay on the shore, enjoy peaceful moment on white beach and turquoise blue water, or go on a snorkel to see coral reefs and flocks of colorful fishes. Walk through forest path keep the eye on the leaf and hold on the floor as you can meet with cute animals Emerald Snail
and Coconut Crab
, which are the iconic animals of the island. Go along the way to other end of the island where you can enjoy view of rocky cliff and wave hit the shore. As this is spot offer great sunset scene, unfortunately Koh Tachai
do not have accommodation, or allow you to stay overnight.
Mo Koh Phi Phi
Koh Phi Phi
is one of Thailand's most popular destinations located 20 km off the shore of Krabi. Every year, this island welcome thousands visitors who come to see its mesmerizing beauty. It can be conveniently reach from both Phuket and Krabi with just 45 minutes by speedboat and 90 minutes ride on a ferry. The boat will drop you off at Phi Phi Don Island
, where you will find hundred choices of accommodation from budget to luxurious - packed along the area surround by 2 sandy beach and sheer limestone cliff. If you come with day tour, you will go directly to see beautiful spot around the area and have a stop at Phi Phi Don for lunch.
The area of Phi Phi Islands has many small and big islands Just south, locates Phi Phi Leh
Island which is home to world famous "Maya Bay
". This place is the location for the 2000's film "The Beach
" starring Leonardo DiCaprio, and become very attractive for its pristine white sandy beach that is hidden inside wall of limestone cliffs. Phi Phi Leh is also has many beautiful spot and Lagoon like Loh Sama Bay and snorkeling sites with coral reefs and colorful fishes.
North of Phi Phi Don is Ko Mai Phai
or Bamboo Island
, which offer large sandy beach and calm turquoise color water perfect for sunbathing and dip into the sea. Here also has shallow coral reefs but may not as beautiful as other Islands in Andaman Sea
Current Hot Deals
- Get a BIG SAVE for your Thailand Trip with exclusive deal for PayPal user. Enjoy warm and sunny year's end holiday with 20% OFF the best price when pay with PayPal.
- If you dream for a vacation in Thailand surrounded by amazing landscape, unspoiled beaches, and choices of activities, Krabi is undoubtedly the place to go. From the land full of illusive limestone karsts to the pristine island.
- HotelThailand now offer special hotel offers in Phuket, Thailand top beach destination on the Coast of Andaman Sea.
- Your trip to Hat Yai will be SAVER THAN EVER with special hotel deals in the shopping paradise of Southern Thailand. This year, get MORE with special additional 5% on top OFF for selection of accommodations in town!
- Fulfill your dream trip to Thailand with exclusive deals for Citi Malaysia Credit Cards Holders. Get up to 65% OFF from leading hotels and resorts throughout Thailand and SAVE MORE with up to 10% on top discount + Complimentary
- Find and book hotel in Pattaya with up to 60% discount and get updates on Pattaya newest travel attraction and useful information for your trip to this popular seaside destination. The deal lasts from now through September 2016 only at HotelThailand.com
- Get up to 70% discount for hotel in Hua Hin, Thailand popular seaside weekend retreat. Find special hotel deals, stay and enjoy your day in Hua Hin.
03 James bond Island and Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
has hundreds of big and small limestone islands set amid lush mangrove forest. Among all, one of the most famous is Koh Tapu
and Khao Phing Kan
, which locate near to the northern shore of the bay. If you have seen James Bond classic film The Man With Golden Gun
, you will definitely recognize this island as Bond's baddie, Francisco Scaramanga
hideout - which is also the reason why the island is called "James bonds Island
is limestone tower stands 20 metres high with its small part jotting into the sea make it very unique and recognisable shape - look like a nail or "Tapu" in Thai language. Near to Koh Tapu is flat limestone cliff tumbled sideways and leaned on each other called Khao Ping Kan (mountain leaning on each other).
James Bonds Island
with day tour from Phuket and Phang Nga. Apart from this 2 marvelous points, the tour will brings you to other marvelous spots like Koh Panyee
- a sea gypsy village which built entirely on water -- from house to school and football field. Alternatively, you can go enjoy canoeing at the enchanting cave-like rooms opens to the sky of Hong Island
Koh Kai (4 Islands of Krabi)
Located very close to Ao Nang in Krabi province, Koh Kai
or Chicken Island
is one of the easiest to reach island of Andaman Sea, suitable for everyone, every age, or even for somebody who has seasick easily. Despite it convenient location, the island offer many interesting spots from shallow water snorkeling area where you can see corals and colorful fishes, and Talay Waek
- one of the amazing spots very popular among Thais and foreign travelers. This Talay Waek is a long stand strip that only appears 2 times daily and connects 3 islands - Koh Kai, Koh Thap, and Koh Mo
. You can walk on this sand strip and enjoy the view.
From Ao Nang you can reach Koh Kai
by long tail boat that will take only about 25 minutes, or you can buy day tour called "4 Islands" which will also take you to other interesting islands and beaches nearby. Near to Koh Kai is Koh Poda
, a great spot of sunbathing and swimming. Here has beautiful long sand strip fringed with pine trees with a view of iconic limestone tower. Also you can visit Phra Nang Cave
and Tham Phra Nang Beach
which has very soft sand and a sacred shrine. Or enjoy cliff climbing at Railay beach
or Timber Island
is located about 9 km off the shore of Phuket between Phuket and Phi Phi Island. A private island recently opened to public and known for its virginity unlike any other islands nearby. Even though the island has limited infrastructure, nothing is short of paradise. You will notice the calm atmosphere and the beauty of powdery sand strip, even at the first step off the speedboat.
You can reach Koh Maiton
with day tour from Phuket. The island is still not widely known among travelers but you can expect this place as one of the perfect getaways for couples to relax and honeymoon. You can spend all day long on almost empty pristine beach, under a nice sunny sky by clear turquoise sea. You can also snorkeling and scuba diving around the island, which will give an amazing experience for your vacation.
Photo from: ShutterStock.com, jeep2499, FocusMaster, YURY TARANIK, Patryk Kosmider, Kwiatek7, toiletroom, 9MOT-Phuket
Recommend Thailand Activities